Paris, the city of love, is the perfect destination for a romantic Valentine’s Day. From stunning architecture and picturesque gardens to charming cafes and delicious cuisine, there’s no shortage of romantic activities to enjoy in the city of lights. Whether you’re a longtime couple looking to rekindle the spark or a new couple just starting your love story, a Valentine’s Day in Paris is sure to be unforgettable. So pack your bags, grab your significant other, and join us for a journey through the city’s most romantic spots and activities. Get ready for a day filled with love, laughter, and unforgettable memories.
Here are some of the romantic things you can do on Valentine’s Day in Paris:
- Visit the Eiffel Tower: Enjoy a stunning view of the city while dining at its restaurant, Le Jules Verne, or take a romantic walk around the iconic tower at night.
- Have a picnic in the Luxembourg Garden: Bring a basket of goodies and enjoy a relaxing afternoon in one of Paris’ most beautiful parks.
- Take a Seine River cruise: Admire the illuminated city while enjoying a romantic boat tour along the Seine River.
- Explore the charming streets of the Marais neighborhood: Take a stroll and stop for a cozy lunch or dinner in one of its many cafes.
- Visit the Basilica of the Sacred Heart in Montmartre: Admire the stunning views of the city from its terrace.
- Have a romantic dinner in the Latin Quarter: Enjoy a candlelit dinner at a charming cafe in this historic neighborhood.
- Take a stroll through the Tuileries Garden: Enjoy the lush greenery and relax in this beautiful park.
- Watch a cabaret show: Experience the classic Parisian entertainment at a cabaret show, such as the famous Moulin Rouge.
These are just a few of the many romantic things you can do on Valentine’s Day in Paris.
1. Experience the Eiffel Tower on Valentine’s Day
Visiting the Eiffel Tower on Valentine’s Day is a classic and romantic activity for couples in Paris. The tower is illuminated at night, making it a breathtaking sight, and there are several ways to enjoy this iconic landmark on Valentine’s Day.
One option is to dine at its restaurant, Le Jules Verne, located on the first level. The restaurant offers stunning views of the city while you enjoy a romantic meal. Make sure to book in advance, as it can get busy on Valentine’s Day.
Another option is to take a romantic stroll around the Eiffel Tower at night, admiring its illuminated beauty. You can also bring a picnic blanket and enjoy a picnic on the lawn in front of the tower, surrounded by the city’s stunning skyline.
Any couple in Paris who is celebrating Valentine’s Day must visit the Eiffel Tower. It will be a special and romantic experience whether you are dining inside or just admiring its beauty from afar.
2. Spend Valentine’s Day in the Luxembourg Garden
Spending Valentine’s Day in the Luxembourg Garden is a perfect way to enjoy the beauty of Paris and each other’s company. The Luxembourg Garden is a picturesque park with lush greenery, fountains, and beautiful flower beds. It’s the perfect setting for a romantic picnic or a leisurely stroll hand in hand.
In the afternoon, take a seat on one of the garden’s many benches and enjoy a snack or a drink from one of the nearby cafes. You can also rent a paddle boat and enjoy a romantic paddle on the garden’s pond.
In the evening, watch the sunset together while admiring the stunning views of the city. The garden is also home to the Luxembourg Palace, which is illuminated at night, adding to the romantic atmosphere.
Visiting the Luxembourg Garden on Valentine’s Day is a perfect way to spend a relaxing and romantic day with your significant other. With its beautiful surroundings and endless photo opportunities, it’s sure to be a day filled with love and memories.
Tips for the most romantic picnic
- Pack a romantic picnic basket: Include a variety of food items, such as a variety of cheeses, fruits, pastries, and a bottle of wine or champagne.
- Plan a comfortable seating area: Bring a blanket, pillows, and chairs for a comfortable seating area.
- Add some romantic touches: Bring some flowers, candles, and music to set the mood and make the picnic more special.
- Take photos: Capture the moment with some romantic photos, to remember your Valentine’s Day picnic in Paris for years to come.
With these tips, you’ll be sure to have a romantic and memorable picnic in Paris, surrounded by its stunning beauty and romantic atmosphere.
3. Experience a Romantic Seine River Cruise on Valentine’s Day in Paris
A Seine River cruise is a perfect way to experience the beauty of Paris on Valentine’s Day. The river runs through the heart of the city and offers stunning views of its iconic landmarks, including the Eiffel Tower, Notre-Dame, and the Louvre Museum.
Many boat tour companies offer romantic cruises, complete with candlelit dinners, live music, and champagne. It’s a unique and intimate way to see the city and enjoy each other’s company.
As you sail down the river, admire the illuminated city and the reflections of the lights on the water. It’s a magical and romantic experience that’s sure to be a highlight of your Valentine’s Day in Paris.
A Seine River cruise is a must-do activity for any couple in Paris on Valentine’s Day. Whether you’re admiring the city’s beauty or enjoying a candlelit dinner, it’s sure to be a memorable and romantic experience.
4. Valentine’s Day in the Marais Neighborhood
Exploring the Marais neighborhood on Valentine’s Day is a perfect way to experience the charm and romance of Paris. The Marais is one of the city’s oldest and most historic neighborhoods, filled with narrow, winding streets, historic buildings, and charming cafes.
Take a romantic stroll through the neighborhood, stopping at one of its many patisseries to enjoy a sweet treat. Visit the Place des Vosges, a picturesque square surrounded by elegant 17th-century buildings, and take a seat on one of the benches to enjoy the atmosphere.
In the evening, head to one of the neighborhood’s many restaurants for a romantic dinner. The Marais is home to a wide variety of cuisines, from traditional French cuisine to modern fusion dishes.
After dinner, enjoy a drink at one of the neighborhood’s many bars or head to a nearby jazz club for live music and a romantic atmosphere.
The Marais is a wonderful place to experience the romance and beauty of Paris on Valentine’s Day. It will undoubtedly be a day full of love and memories thanks to its picturesque streets, delectable cuisine, and romantic atmosphere.
5. A Valentine’s Day Visit to the Basilica of the Sacred Heart
Visiting the Basilica of the Sacred Heart on Valentine’s Day is a perfect way to experience the romantic atmosphere of Montmartre, one of Paris’ most charming neighborhoods.
The basilica, also known as Sacré-Coeur, is a stunning white-domed church located on the top of the Montmartre hill. The views from the church’s steps are breathtaking, offering panoramic views of the city.
Take a romantic stroll through the winding streets of Montmartre, stopping at one of its many cafes for a drink or a snack. In the evening, enjoy a candlelit dinner at a local restaurant, or head to the top of the hill for a drink at one of its many bars.
The Basilica of the Sacred Heart is the ideal place to experience the romance of Montmartre and the splendor of Paris on Valentine’s Day. It will undoubtedly be a day filled with love and memories, whether you want to meander through the town’s quaint streets or take in the breathtaking views from the church’s steps.
6. Romantic Dinner Options in the Latin Quarter
A romantic dinner in the Latin Quarter is a perfect way to spend Valentine’s Day in Paris. The Latin Quarter is one of the city’s most charming neighborhoods, known for its narrow, winding streets, historic buildings, and abundance of cafes and restaurants.
Choose from a wide variety of cuisines, from traditional French cuisine to modern fusion dishes. Many restaurants offer special Valentine’s Day menus, complete with candlelit tables and romantic atmosphere.
Here are a few suggestions for romantic dining options in the Latin Quarter of Paris:
- Le Comptoir du Relais – This charming bistro offers traditional French cuisine in a cozy, intimate setting.
- Le Petit Marché – A charming bistro serving modern French cuisine in a romantic atmosphere.
- L’Auberge de la Reine Blanche – This historic restaurant offers classic French cuisine in a elegant, candlelit setting.
- Le Jardin du Panthéon – Enjoy delicious French cuisine in a beautiful garden setting.
- Le Ciel de Paris – This rooftop restaurant offers stunning views of the city along with a menu of French and international cuisine.
- La Cave de l’Os à Moëlle – This intimate wine bar is the perfect place to enjoy a romantic evening over a glass of wine and small plates.
After dinner, take a stroll through the streets of the Latin Quarter, admiring its historic architecture and charming atmosphere. You can also stop at one of its many bars for a drink or head to a nearby jazz club for live music and a romantic atmosphere.
The best way to celebrate Valentine’s Day in Paris is with a special meal in the Latin Quarter. It will undoubtedly be a night full of love and memories thanks to the wonderful cuisine, charming setting, and variety of romantic activities.
7. A Valentine’s Day Celebration in the Tuileries Garden
Spending Valentine’s Day in the Tuileries Garden is a perfect way to experience the beauty and romance of Paris. The Tuileries Garden is a historic park located in the heart of Paris, surrounded by museums, shops, and other cultural attractions.
Take a romantic stroll through the garden’s pathways, admiring its lush greenery, beautiful sculptures, and tranquil ponds. Stop for a picnic on the lawn, or take a seat on one of its many benches to watch the world go by.
In the evening, head to a nearby restaurant for a romantic dinner, or enjoy a drink at one of the garden’s many cafes.
The Tuileries Garden is a perfect place to experience the beauty and romance of Paris on Valentine’s Day. Whether you’re admiring its stunning greenery, or enjoying a romantic picnic, it’s sure to be a day filled with love and memories.
8. Experience a Timeless Cabaret Show on Valentine’s Day
Watching a cabaret show on Valentine’s Day is a timeless tradition in Paris and a perfect way to celebrate your love. The city is famous for its iconic cabaret shows, featuring can-can dancers, glittering costumes, and stunning performances. Here are a few tips for choosing the perfect cabaret show for your Valentine’s Day celebration:
- Choose a classic show: The Moulin Rouge is one of the most famous cabarets in Paris, offering a classic Parisian experience complete with feathers, glitter, and champagne.
- Consider the schedule: Most cabarets offer multiple shows each day, so be sure to choose one that fits your schedule and allows enough time for dinner and other activities.
- Dress to impress: Cabarets are known for their glamorous atmosphere, so be sure to dress up and bring your best attire.
- Book ahead of time: Cabaret shows are extremely popular, especially on Valentine’s Day, so be sure to book in advance to secure your seats.
- Enjoy a romantic dinner before the show: Most cabarets offer dinner packages, which include a pre-show meal and drinks. This is a great way to make the most of your evening and celebrate your love.
A must-do Valentine’s Day activity in Paris is attending a cabaret performance, which provides a special and memorable way to commemorate your love.
Our recommended itinerary will help you experience the most wonderful Valentine’s Day.
- Arrive in Paris and check into your hotel.
- Enjoy a leisurely lunch in the Marais neighborhood.
- Take a stroll through the Tuileries Garden and enjoy a picnic, complete with wine, cheese, and romantic touches.
- Visit the Eiffel Tower and enjoy the view of the city from the top.
- Have dinner at a romantic restaurant in the Latin Quarter, such as Le Jules Verne or Le Comptoir du Relais.
- Start the day with a croissant and coffee at a local café.
- Take a Seine River cruise and admire the city’s landmarks from the water.
- Visit the Basilica of the Sacred Heart in Montmartre, one of the highest points in Paris, for panoramic views of the city.
- Have a romantic lunch in the Marais neighborhood.
- Visit the Luxembourg Garden for a romantic picnic and stroll.
- Enjoy a cabaret show at the famous Moulin Rouge.
- End the day with a dessert at a patisserie, such as Ladurée or Pierre Hermé.
In conclusion, Paris is the perfect destination for a romantic Valentine’s Day celebration. From picnics in the city’s stunning gardens, to breathtaking views from its monuments, to delicious food and exciting nightlife, Paris has everything you need for a memorable and romantic experience. Whether you prefer to spend the day exploring the city’s landmarks, indulging in its delicious cuisine, or watching a classic cabaret show, Paris has something for everyone.
So why not book your trip to Paris today and make this Valentine’s Day one to remember?
LIKE THIS ARTICLE ABOUT OUR GUIDE TO A ROMANTIC VALENTINE’S DAY IN PARIS? PIN IT!
If you’ve found this article about our Guide to a Romantic Valentine’s Day in Paris interesting, please consider sharing it with your friends. It will mean the world to us. 🙂